Tuesday, March 30, 2010

An Update

It's been a while since I updated so here's what's going on with me.

My official weigh-in is on Thursdays. As of last Thursday I was at 242.5 pounds...I started at 265. I am almost to 25 pounds since January 15, 2010. That makes me pretty happy.

I am still working the Couch to 5K training...I have completed Week 1, and am currently in Week 2. I have done Day 1 of Week 2 (Monday) and am looking forward to W2 D2 tomorrow. (...wait....did I just say I am LOOKING FORWARD to running???) Strange, but true! I am really enjoying C2 5K...even typing that amazes me!

I am trying to be very faithful about getting up and walking the dog in the morning. It's a 30 minute walk, but it seems to jump-start my metabolism so much that I really NEED to do it. I end up hitting my activity (1 hour) and my steps targets fairly early in the day. Then it's just a matter of getting that target burn in, which is NEVER a problem when I've walked in the am and then gone to the gym for a workout.

I normally strive for a deficit of 850....2900 out and 2050 in. Lately I've been having a much higher deficit because of a much higher burn. I really hope to see that on the scale this week. We shall see...I am a bit worried that this week I won't have as high of a loss and then next week will be a big one...time will tell.

And, a confession...I have the munchies SO bad tonight. I want to eat SOMETHING....ANYTHING....I'm not sure what the cause is...there could be a couple of culprits. I have been really good so I think that I'm going to get some of the light microwave popcorn I have hidden from the kids and eat that...I think that will satisfy my urge to binge right now. On an impressive note...the hubby and I went to the movies last night and he wanted popcorn...I told him that it was fine and I wouldn't even be mad, but I would not be eating any. Well, he got it and I didn't have even one little kernel. I stayed true to myself and didn't chow down about 1500 calories in that bag. (that's a guess by me, but regardless, I didn't need the calories). I drank my diet coke and chewed gum and enjoyed the show...now for me folks, THAT was dedication!

Have a good one and keep bugging along!

Lori

1 comment:

Darcy said...

I just found your blog and enjoy reading it! I start the bugg January 13th so we are right at the same time line, I started at 289 and hope to get to 176-the highest I can weigh and not be considered "obese" :)! As of now, I have lost 25 lbs! Im excited but I think could have been more, my downfall is alcohol! I'm young,married with no kids and just too social! Good luck in your adventure!