Thursday, March 3, 2011

Update…back on the wagon

 

Well, I have been back to using my Body Bugg to not only track calories OUT (that’s the easy part for me), but also to track calories IN.  Oh, how I hate those calories IN!

The eating is my nemesis.  I can exercise ‘til the cows come home, but the bad eating is so very hard of a habit to break. 

Now, having said that, let me just say that I have NOT been 100% “good” since starting my new Body Bugg program.  Here’s the low down of where I am.  I started the new program with a weight of 210.  My calories IN target is 1950 and my calorie BURN target is 2600.  I have been pretty good about hitting the burn (and a few hundred over a couple of days per week). 

I haven’t logged everything I eat, which was my goal.  I logged MOST but did skip a few days. 

I am going back to a Thursday weigh in.  I did that all along my journey in 2010 and I think it worked for me because I was “starting over” on Thursday, which made me psychologically less likely to blow it on the weekend.  Strange, but it worked for me, whereas a Monday weekend would find me behaving really badly on the weekend.

Today I weighed in at 207.  Now, let me say that even though that is GOOD, I’m not really super happy about it because I lost those 3 pounds before.  BUT…I cannot beat myself up over it.  I need to think “woo-hoo….3 pounds….keep it up” and move on.  I’m trying.

My jeans are tight.  I have a fat roll around my waist that plops over my waistband and I really hate it.  But, I’m putting on those jeans for a few hours every day to remind myself what I’m working towards.  I felt so much better even at a few pounds under 200.  I need to get back to “one-derland” and then keep going.  I need to get some distance between myself and 200 pounds.  But for now, my focus is to get to 205.  At 205, I’m so much closer to under 200. 

In 2010 I had small, manageable goals, and I kept my focus.  I am having a really hard time doing that this year, and I’m not sure why.  But, I have had a decent 10 days or so, and so I am going to keep trying to get that full focus back and keep moving on.  I know that I can do this.  I know that I owe it to myself to feel better.  I want to do this and so I must remain focused.

I would be interested to hear from anyone out there how you stay away from bad food.  I have stopped before eating and thought “I am going to feel so bad, physically and mentally after I do this” and yet I still do it.  It’s like I have two little versions of myself dueling it out on my shoulder.  Sadly, the bad, who-cares version wins out more often that I’d like.

So that’s my week in a nutshell.  Hopefully your diet and exercise goals are going easier than mine, but just keep in mind that YOU can do it and you have to make that choice.  I will keep telling myself this as well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Lori, I'm also a BB user and I've enjoyed reading your blog. I stay away from the bad stuff by not having it around to tempt me.
Today I was working at a nursing home and the room that I was in had lots of gorgeous pastries--just sitting there, calling my name! I asked the nursing staff to take it away from my line of sight and smell and after explaining to them that I am dieting and the goodies were too tempting, they put them away. I was very proud of myself with my self control. If I had succumbed I know I would have felt guilty for days and I'd spiral out of control. Come on girl, WE CAN DO IT!!!