Thursday, March 24, 2011

Keep chugging along…

It’s Thursday, and you know what that means…….weigh in day!

Now, first of all, let me re-state.  I HATE losing weight that I already lost.  But, hating it isn’t making it any easier to get over the hump of weight I’ve already lost, so a new attitude is required.

I am happy to report that I lost 2 pounds last week.  I weighed 210 and now I weigh 208. 

I have to be happy about those 2 pounds and keep moving the scale DOWN…so I am trying really hard to be happy about 208.  Now I have my sights set on 205.  That is the next bench-mark for me.  205…HERE I COME!

One thing that I changed up this week is that on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I am getting up early and doing a Couch to 5K workout in the morning.  I skipped over week 1 and started right at week 2.  If you’re not familiar with the C25K, check it out!  It’s a great training tool.  One of my goals for this summer is to be able to run a 5K from start to finish with no recovery walks.  I am doing this training program again so that I can get my running periods at a faster pace than I currently can run at.  This week I’ve been doing the running sections at 5.3 – 5.7 mph. 

Exercising in the morning really helps me get my burn in easier too….I end up hitting my burn target in the evening, instead of rushing around at 9 pm trying to get a few hundred calories burned so that I’ll hit the burn target before bedtime! 

So, that’s where I’m at….I lost 2 pounds last week and I’m just going to keep chugging along!

Lori

No comments: