Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 2 recap....

Day one was pretty simple. I was able to hit my calorie target almost dead on and I went over on my calories burned by almost 500. I honestly felt like I ate a LOT. I am somewhat skeptical about eating that much and losing weight, but I am trying to follow what it's saying. Now, one thing to consider is that I did go to the gym twice yesterday. I went and did cardio in the am and then went back in the afternoon to meet a friend to do some strength exercises together. This obviously helped get my burn number up, and going to the gym twice per day is NOT a typical day for me.

Today was much of the same...gym and logging food. I logged my breakfast and am snack before we took off for the day. I ate lunch at home, but had already logged in food so I decided to enter the rest of the days food this evening.

I just entered all of my food for the day. I am over by about 200 calories. OOPS! The thing that really did me in was that HUGE chicken breast at dinner. Guess I'm gonna have to start cutting those babies in half. It was really HUGE.

Looking at my digital display I see that I'm a little over 2700 for my burn. This means that I need to burn an additional 200 to get to my target burn and another 200 to cover the overage on dinner. I guess I'll go do some laundry and climb up the steps a few hundred times! Ha ha!

Now, on to my views on the Bugg....this is what you've been waiting for, right? Well, I really do like it. As far as how difficult it is to use, I think it's pretty easy. I think it's important to log your food several times per day in order to really know where you're at. I like logging everything up to and including lunch so that you have a good idea of how many calories you can consume for snack and dinner.

Another helpful thing is that logging the food really makes you aware of what a serving really is. For example, that chicken breast was 3 servings. Obviously I should've cut it in half and had 1.5 servings. I could've lived with that, too.

I think entering your own stuff is really helpful. I entered my salad dressing...crackers...yogurt...protein powder. The things that I eat often I like to know that they're really accurately entered. Once you enter it's so simple to relocate it.

I'm not sure what the point is of wearing the bugg while you sleep, honestly. I suppose wearing it for a few days is good so that the bugg can accurately know what you're burning at rest. However, I really think I'm going to have to take it off at night. My arm is getting sore. I'm keeping it dry, but I have pretty sensitive skin, so that piece of metal next to my skin all day is starting to make a mark. I think the break at night is a good idea for me.

Another idea I had, and it's possible that this feature exists, is that it would be nice if you could give your trainer (or whomever) a username and password so they could access your account but not make any changes to it. I have to keep a food log for my trainer and I'd like to just tell her to access my account and have a look. Unfortunately she could make changes. I don't think she WOULD, but I don't like the idea of someone having my name and password and complete access to my account. I think I read somewhere that you can print out your food log, so that may be what I do.

Well, it's 7 pm here so I guess I should get moving. I have a couple hundred calories to burn!

Happily bugging along.....

~Lori~

No comments: