Thursday, October 11, 2012

Trying to find the wagon I fell off of....

The sad reality is that it's really hard to lose weight, but oh so easy to gain it back!  It's just a fact for me...hard to lose, easy to gain.

And maybe for me, another fact is that I'm a little dumb and I have to learn the lesson the HARD way.  To sum it up...At 265 I felt like crap but didn't even realize how crappy I felt.  At 195 I felt freaking AWESOME and looked great, even though when I looked in the mirror I saw the 265 pound me.  Then at 205 I figured, eh, it's 10 pounds, no big deal.  But the thing I didn't understand was that at 265, 10 pounds wasn't really a big deal...at 195, 10 pounds was a huge deal.  And it needed to be dealt with.

But I didn't, and soon, 10 pounds was 20, and so on until I saw 244.

Craptastic....seriously?  244?  How the hell did I let THAT happen?

Take 20 or so reasonably good excuses, add alcohol, bad food, and laziness and you get 244....or something like that.

But now I'm back.  I plugged in my good old bugg and started back.  But, the old bugg was losing it's sound and kinda seemed like it was on the verge of dying.  Let me make this clear...it deserved to die!  It was used almost daily for almost 3 years.  It served me well.  I got on the website and saw that the buggs were on sale for $99...what a DEAL!  The sale included the SP and since I am the owner of a new iPhone 5, I figured now was the time.

My SP came last week and so far I am loving it.  Like my old bugg, sometimes the reading on my phone (or digital display with the older one) is a bit higher than the reading when I actually connect to the computer.  But, no worries....I am trying to get a higher burn than my target anyway.

I have made some significant changes to hopefully ensure my success (again)...

1.  I get up every morning between 6:15 and 6:30 and take the dog for a walk.  Some days we get a mile and a half in, some days less, but at least I'm starting the day with activity.

2.  I am logging my food...that's the hard habit for me to get into, so being faithful with that is a huge step in my success (or lack thereof).

3.  I'm logging my walking mileage in daily mile again.  If I can hit 50 miles in October I'm going to treat myself to a Shellac Manicure.

I'm going to weigh on the 1st, 11th, and 21st of the month to see where I'm at.  I started at 244 and today I weighed in at 241.5.  I am happy with that.  My first short term goal is to get into the 230's.  Any of you who followed me before know that setting goals to the next set of 10 was what I did before.  Once I hit 239, my goal with be to get into the 220's, and so on.

Here we go again...wish me luck!

No comments: