Monday, October 22, 2012

Still motoring along....

I decided that I'd weigh in on the 1st, 10th, and 21st of each month to help keep me in-tune and accountable for how I'm doing.  So far, so good.  I weighed in on the 21st at 239.6.

I'm in the 230's now.  That's a good thing...the number is moving in the right direction.  Next goal...get into the 220's.

I do have to say, I REALLY like the Body Bugg SP.  I saw lots of complaining on the old message board and even on the BB Facebook page, but no complaints from me.  Well, maybe one tiny one...you can't enter a custom food from the app, but you could go to the site in your browser and do it that way.  Me...I just wait 'til I'm in front of the computer and do it then.  I like that the SP makes it really easy to either enter right after I eat or even enter some food before I eat to pre-plan.  (Yeah, that's kinda anal, but that's kinda me at times!!!)

So, nothing really big to report, I'm just happy that I'm back on the right track and seeing the scale move.  I'm walking Monday - Friday in the morning pretty faithfully (hate getting up at 6:15, but it's necessary right now) and then logging some extra miles on the treadmill.  I'm thankful to have that right here at home.

I have been experimenting with recipes quite a bit.  I love Pinterest, and have found some great recipes on there.  Yesterday I made a Taco Soup that I found there; apparently it's a Weight Watcher's recipe.  It was SO GOOD!  Wow...seriously great.  You can find the recipe HERE.  I did make a few modifications, just because it was a last minute idea and I didn't have all of the items on hand.

I used Fajita seasoning because that's what I had.  I used black beans instead of pinto beans, and I drained the black beans.  I added 4 cups of water to the soup because when I made it per the recipe I thought it was too thick.  I ate leftovers today for lunch and it was even BETTER than last night!  And I ate a ton of it for only 500 calories.  Awesome.  Try it...it's delish!

If you're working on your health and fitness, just keep reminding yourself that you're worth it and you almost ALWAYS feel better after getting some exercise, so make that time for yourself!

Lori

No comments: