Thursday, October 7, 2010

So Long...Farewell...Auf Wiedersehen...Goodnight

Today was a pivotal day...a defining day...a day that I have been waiting for.

Today I said good-bye to 200. I weighed in this morning at 199.0. No more "I weigh two hundred and .... .

Oh no. Now I will say I weigh ONE HUNDRED and ... .

Wow. Really? I can't believe I'm there. Remember back in January? My goal at 265 was to get into the 250's. Getting below 200 at that time was just too daunting of a task, so I broke it down into smaller reachable segments.

And here I am...ONE hundred and ninety-nine pounds.

You wanna know the craziest thing? It really has NOT been THAT hard. Seriously. I don't know if it's because my perspective of "hard" is really skewed due to seriously hard things, but I would not say that getting to this point has been that hard. My life style, my eating habits, my exercise habits...those are all things that I can see easily manageable in the future. And so, this weight loss will be permanent. This is not a quick-fix, but a change in thinking.

And that's what I've been doing a lot of today...thinking. Thinking and watching. I watch people. I watch them drive by me in cars, I see them pass me in stores, and my brain is just churning, watching, wondering why the rest of the world can't see how easy this really is.

Don't get me wrong...there have been really horrible, dreadful, miserable times during this year. I have wanted to quit and I have wanted to indulge, and I have wanted to just chuck it all and go back to my old ways. But the only thing that is going to do is make me unhealthy and set my children up for losing their Mom too soon. So, even if I can't do it for myself, I can and will do it for THEM. And becoming Fit is not just about me...it's about the whole family. My kids will try more vegetables. They know how to read a label and choose the more healthy option. They understand (although they don't always LIKE it) that you need to put good food into your body for FUEL before you eat any junk or snack foods.

Ultimately, the decision to change MUST be yours. You have to find that piece of yourself that recognized that YOU deserve it. In the long run, everyone around you will benefit from your own healthiness, but YOU have to realize that YOU deserve it most. Getting fit and living a more healthy lifestyle is not expensive, too time consuming, or just too plain difficult for anyone to manage. You can do it, but first you must realize that YOU deserve it.

To those people that have supported me thus far, THANK YOU. Thank you so much. Your comments on this blog, phone calls, Facebook messages, etc. have driven me when I had no gas left in the tanks. I appreciate the motivation so very much and I hope to pay it forward 10 fold.

4 comments:

Felicia said...

I'm not sure off the top of my head how I found your blog, but I did, and I'm happy I have. I love reading your progress, its motivating. I know I barely know you and you don't even know me but I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work. I also wanted to say I know how you feel when it comes to watching people now, I'm starting to do the same.

Unknown said...

Felicia...thank you SO much! Thanks for reading, taking the time to comment, and for the motivation. We have to motivate one another to keep going...I really think we can reverse this "obesity epidemic" one person at a time.

Katie J ♥ said...

That is AWESOME Lori! So happy for you!

You should do a testimony on the bugg on their website. I bet it would inspire others as well :)

Ashli Moore said...

YAY! So exciting! Way to go Lori!