Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Banana Oat Muffins

Here's another one I found on Pinterest.  Perhaps it would just be easier from here on out to just allow any readers to assume the recipe came from Pinterest unless otherwise noted!

These are good!  Now, they're also pretty healthy, and unless I'm mistaken, gluten free, 'cause there's no flour in these babies.  Apparently some baking powder may have gluten in it, but I'm not sure if mine does or not.

I made some adjustments on this recipe, so I will list my recipe below.  However, you can find the inspirational post HERE.  If you stop by the Green Lite Bites blog, leave some comment love...us bloggers just LOVE comments!

Here's the recipe as I made it (again, slightly different than the blogger above).

3 mashed over-ripe bananas
1 cup skim milk
2 eggs
1 tbsp baking powder
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
2 packets truvia (use the sweetener you have on hand)
1 small box raisins

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix all ingredients except raisins.  Fold raisins into batter.  Spray muffin tin with Baker's Secret.  Fill muffin cups with batter.  These will not rise a lot, so you can fill them fairly full.

Bake 20-30 minutes until muffins are firm to the touch.  Cool in the muffin pan...they are easily removed once they've cooled.

As you can see if you compare my version with the original, I substituted raisins for chocolate chips.  I think my kids would like them better if they had chocolate chips!  My 11 year old son did say (after taking a few bites), "Mom, these would be better with more cranberries".  I then explained that it was raisins and not cranberries and then told him I'd try cranberries next time 'cause that sounded like a great idea!

I entered the ingredients into the Body Bugg software and it's telling me that if you make 12 muffins with the recipe I used above the muffins are 134 calories each and 2.1 grams of fat.  Pretty good for a muffin! This would be a nice breakfast muffin.  Give them a try and let me know what you think!

If I remember to get some dried cranberries and give them another go I'll let you know how that changes things (or any other variations)!!


No comments: