Thursday, September 23, 2010

An Update

It has been a fair amount of time since my last post, and for that I apologize. Like everyone else, life has been crazy and I just haven't taken the time to write. So, here's what's been going on in my "diet world".

I bought a treadmill and have been using it a LOT! I am using Daily Mile to track my mileage because another blog that I read is doing a "500 miles in a year" thing and I need to be able to easily keep track of the miles I'm putting in each week. Hubby got wireless headphones, which are totally cool because I can watch something on the DVR and crank it way up so that I can hear it while running and not worry about waking the kids up! Sweet! Loving that! I ran/walked a 5K this morning on the treadmill...my burns this week have been really great (very high).

I hit 205 this week...so close to finally under 200! So, it is time to get back to business and get those pounds OFF! I have not been logging my food in the program for a while. I am paying attention to what I eat, and hitting my burn target, but I have not been logging/weighing/measuring like I was before. Granted, the number on the scale is going DOWN, so I'm not too worried, but it's going slower than before, so I think that it's time to get back to business to get it to move a little faster.

Today I logged my food for the first time in quite a while. I logged just under 1800, which is my target, so I think I'm doing pretty well keeping that running total in my head daily. When I hit 190, that will be 75 pounds gone. Then I'm going to ease up on logging the food and settle in to a slower pace for weight LOSS through the rest of the year. HOWEVER...IF I gain, it's back to logging the food. I think I can manage fine (if the past several weeks are any indication) but I love the fact that the Body Bugg gives me that tool, should I need it. It also gives me the flexibility of not logging the food and still being able to use the burn numbers to gauge where I'm at.

So, in a nutshell, that's where I'm at. I bought a pair of size 14 jeans this week. I started this wearing 22/24's. I bought the 14's because they were a great deal ($15) and was pleasantly surprised that not only could I get them on, but I could button AND zip them! Granted, I wouldn't want to wear them for a LONG time, because they were TIGHT, but I got them on and in 10 pounds, I'm totally rockin' those babies!

Keeping my eye on under 200!

Lori

No comments: