Friday, September 3, 2010

Compliments

Compliments are nice, but not everyone knows how to take one. I'm one of those people. I never have been able to take a compliment. I usually pop back with some smart assed retort to make comedy out of the situation. Not a good thing, but just the way I am.

I've had a lot of compliments lately, so that whole thing has gotten really strange for me! People are noticing that I've lot a lot of weight, and comments are being made about that...people notice, then they compliment, then they ask how I'm doing it.

I'm really trying to get better at accepting a compliment and not get embarrassed. Yesterday, a friend's husband saw me, didn't really recognize me (I had sunglasses on) and then when I took them off, he came over, gave me a huge hug, and grabbed my ass. Now, this may seem shocking to some, but I am not the kind of person that this is going to offend, nor is my husband. And, this friend is not the kind of guy you'd be shocked at for doing something like that! It's just the way he is...and I'm ok with that! Hell, that's one of the reasons I like him!

Well, my face went BEET RED when it happened! It's nice to be recognized for my hard work, but some times it's just embarrassing!

Moving on...we're at the football game a few hours later. Jeff was talking to someone else and I was distracted and BAM...outta no where some guy is hugging me and grabbing my ass. Two times in one day? What the.... Well, it was one of our best friends, and again, this is not unusual behavior for him, so it's all good.

Maybe now I should start feeling like a hot momma....but I'm not quite ready for that.

Moving on to today. It's girls' breakfast...a little gathering of some of the gals for breakfast after the kids go to school. We sit, talk, eat, talk, talk...talk....it's just a nice time for all of us. One of the gals that lives in the neighborhood tell me that her son, who graduated high school in May recently said to her something to the effect of "That Lori Martin is starting to look HOT".

OH
MY
GOD

OK, now THAT one...well, that one takes the rice cake, folks! That completely cracks me up, and probably flatters me more than 2 good male friends giving me their "swat" of approval. Wow...seriously? Hot...me??? Oh my...now, that is flattering!

I hope you all have a flattering weekend, filled with plenty of compliments that you gracefully accept!

1 comment:

Katie J ♥ said...

Hope you have a great weekend Hottie I mean Lori :-D