Monday, June 21, 2010

A New Program...

Well, once again I have hit my goal on my current program. Waaaa Hoo! So, in order to change things up and keep it all interesting, I like to create a new program.

The hubby and I have entered a Biggest Loser Couples Challenge at the gym I go to, so I figured now is a great time to hit it.

And I mean Hit. It. Hard!

So I now have the following targets:
Target Burn 2850 (only 50 more than before)
Target Consumption 1600 (that's 300 less than before)

I have to admit...less calories is the one thing that REALLY scares me about this whole dieting thing. And that's strange, because since January I have rarely felt like I was on a diet per se. I don't usually deny myself anything. I make different choices but I don't really deny.

So 300 less calories per day...this week I don't see that as a problem. The hubby is out of town on business so it's just me and the kiddos and the one rotten dog. I can fix whatever I want for dinner and not have to worry if it's too vegetable heavy for the anti-green-food-husband. Next week could prove challenging. Although, he's good at low-cal...I mean really good. He can cut back to 1200 calories a day and not turn into the devil. I'm not saying I'm the devil, but at times it can get pretty ugly when I feel deprived.

Tonight I had a really low cal high volume dinner. What do I mean by this? Well, lots of food but not a lot of calories. I buy shrimp from Schwan's (home delivery service). I used 6 ounces of the shrimp, and then about 3 cups of fresh zucchini and yellow squash that I had cut up last night. To this I added about 1/4 cup onion, one red pepper, a can of mushrooms, and sauteed that all in the wok. I did not add any oil or anything. I liked it a lot and it was seriously a lot of food. I think after I entered it all in the BodyBugg program it was something like 400 calories. I am under my 1600 for today and have surpassed the 2850 burn, so I'm good for today.

I'm really hoping that I can do the whole Hit It Hard for 4 weeks minimum. I'm currently at 223 and I want to get under 200 SO freaking badly! I'm currently wearing 16's and I can't remember the last time I was in a 16...under 200? That one isn't even on my memory radar...seriously can not remember....early 1990's....maybe.

So I will hit it hard for the next 4 weeks. I have a family reunion the weekend of the 4th. This will involve alcohol, so hitting it hard is going to be hard that weekend. I will have to use fitness to keep me on track.

I hope that wherever you are with your health and weigh loss goals you are doing well. The sad thing isn't getting off track...it's staying off track. If you're not doing as well as you want, let tomorrow be the day that you re-commit to your changes and make good choices tomorrow! Then do the same the next day and continue. You will see results. You can do this! I'm doing it and I know that it's within reach. Don't be afraid of the hard work...the payoff is your health, and that's a HUGE payoff!

No comments: